Preparation time 15 mins Cooking time 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves four)
4x100g crottins de cabercou or a similar goats cheese. (You can use a goats cheese that is not too soft or even a camembertReady-made puff pastry
1 desert spoon of poppy seeds or sesame seeds
200g of berries (raspberries, blueberries, red fruits, cherries)
2 teaspoons of roughly broken shelled walnuts 50g mixed salad leaves
6tbs of Olive Oil
1tbs Walnut oil
2 tbs Sherry or white balsamic vinegar
2 tbs Cherry Jam or honey
1 whole peeled clove of garlic
1 pinch of rock salt
- Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/gas6.
- Brush the four bases with water and place the four outer circles on top of them, forming a vol au vent shape. Leaving the inner circles for the “hats” for your cheeses.
- Place the cheese in the middle of the bases, brush the top with water and place the inner circles on top. Egg wash and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 mins or until just brown, remove and cool slightly on a rack.
- Place the cheese in the middle of a cold plate, decorate with your mixed salad leaves, walnuts, berries and sprinkle with rock salt. Add dressing and serve immediately.
In a plastic chef’s bottle, add the whole peeled garlic clove, 10. Add the honey or jam, then add the vinegar and the oils 11. Shake vigorously and drizzle over the salad.