We’re a community newspaper and welcome local stories and photos from our readers. They make The Triangle our very own.
A few things to consider when submitting your stories:
- Please do not exceed 300 words, except by prior arrangement. Also, think about a possible headline.
- Photos should be sent as JPG attachments – not embedded in the story. Please send original digital photos as large as possible, at least 1 megabyte in size, and include a detailed caption at the bottom of your story.
- Please don’t send posters or flyers as we can’t use them. Instead, write a paragraph or two about the event, and be sure to include the date, time, and venue, and a suitable photo if available.
- Send stories to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 22nd of the month prior to publication.
Guidelines for poets
- Please understand that The Triangle is not a specialist poetry publication.
- Poems should be sent in MS Word, not a pdf or jpg and not a screenshot or photograph.
- Poems should be presented as the poet wants to see it on the page.
- It would be helpful if poems contributed to The Triangle have reasonably uniform line lengths that would fit into one of our standard columns – paper and printing are two of our greatest expenses every month so we try to be economical with our layout.
- Poems will usually be given a box or border to differentiate them from other text on the same page.
- If a poem requires editorial attention, it will be returned to the poet for approval before publication – this means that any poems should be sent well before the copy deadline.
- Preference will be given to poems of short to moderate length.
- Poems that require special layout consideration with particular typography such as different fonts, colours, overall shape (for example concrete or visual poetry) will not be considered.