1 cup of oats
2 cups of flour
40 grams of butter
1 cup (250 ml) cream
1 cup currants
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
a few sneaky chocolate buttons
flour, to dust
Here’s what you will do:
1. Combine all dry ingredients and butter in a bowl. Use fingertips to rub butter into the dry ingredients until well combined.
2. Combine cream with flour mixture; stir to combine. Turn onto a lightly-floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
3. Roll out to 2 cms thickness and cut out scones with a cutter.
4. Place the scones on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes at 180˚ C, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before eating.
5. Serve plain or with a little butter, jam and/or cream