What could be any more comforting than a steaming bowl of risotto in winter. The great thing about this recipe you don’t have to stand over a pan for 25 minutes ladling in your stock. You get to enjoy another glass of wine while waiting for this one pot beauty to cook unaided.
¼ cup olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
200g Swiss brown mushrooms sliced
200g button mushrooms sliced (or mushrooms of choice)
1½ cups Arborio rice
1 litre good quality vegetable or chicken stock
3 sprigs rosemary
½ cup white wine
Chopped parsley to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F)
- Heat oil in an ovenproof heavy-based pan over medium heat and cook onions and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook stirring for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add rice and toss to coat with oil, then add stock and rosemary. Cover and bake for 25 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add wine and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.