Now that we are coming up to the festive season and some warm weather, I thought it might be nice to have a cold dish that could be served on Christmas Day.
- 1 ham hock
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped roughly
- 1 carrot, chopped roughly
- 2 Onions, quartered
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 chicken – 1.8kg, halved lengthways
- 2 cups parsley
- 3 titanium – strength gelatine leaves, softened in cold … Read more »
That, served with Il Passaggio pasta, would stretch to feed a mob and give everyone a taste of the sea.
This recipe will serve 4-6.
1. Start with a good tomato base. Soften 4 cloves of garlic, crushed, and a diced medium onion in a generous amount of olive oil. Then add one tin (or 3 fresh diced) tomatoes, three tablespoons of tomato paste, ¾ cup of white wine, a … Read more »
We all love spring. As a newbie gardener I am very excited to come back after a month away to see the broad beans that were sown months ago laden with pods. If your broad beans are young enough they don’t need to be double peeled,
but in most cases after shelling your pods of beans, you blanch them in boiling salted water for a minute or so, refresh them in cold water and then peel the outer skin of the bean … Read more »